Abdul Latif Buckus
I am admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa since 2008 and currently head practitioner at Buckus Attorneys.
In addition to an LLB degree I hold a certificate in legal advice surrounding employment law and workplace relations.
Post admission I opted to specialise in defence litigation on behalf of the Road Accident Fund, and thereafter employment law at SEESA employers organisation until 2010 when Buckus Attorneys was founded.
Buckus Attorneys strive to strategically implement relevant law and legislation in pursuance of the desired consequence.
My areas of practice include,
- Business and residential lease agreements
- Property law including conveyancing
- Eviction proceedings
- Company law
- Labour and employment law
- Chairing and prosecuting enquiries
- Drafting of contracts
- General civil litigation in the magistrates and High court
- Representation at arbitration proceedings
- Family law
- Cohabitation agreements
- Drafting and amending of wills, including sharia compliant wills, and travellers will
- Reporting and finalising deceased and insolvent estates
- Legal research and opinion on uncommon aspects of South African law
- Criminal defence and all forms of bail applications
- Speeding fines and road traffic violation
- Firearms competency enquiries
- Registration of companies and trademarks
- Debt collections
- Risk and compliance assessment for SME